An individual manuscript consultation is perfect for writers who have completed or are near completion of a manuscript. I accept both memoir and fiction manuscripts.
This is what you get:
1. A thorough reading of your manuscript
2. 4-6 pages of written feedback (single spaced), with suggestions for revisions, along with notes written on the actual manuscript
3. Identification of what is working and what is not
4. Consideration of common issues such as point of view, dialogue, flow, setting, characterization, voice, plot and structure. I will also comment on your beginning and ending pages (both are important)
5. 15-minute phone consultation to discuss written feedback and my “Big Picture” response
6. Suggestions of next steps to help make your manuscript marketable
Pricing: $1.50 per page plus a $150 evaluation fee
Submit hard copies of manuscripts or e-mail a Word Document (.10 per page printing fee). Manuscripts must be double-spaced, 12 font (such as Times New Roman), with one-inch margins. Please number your pages.
Before sending your manuscript, please call or email. I will give you an estimated completion time. Editing services do not guarantee publication.